• 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM

Sun

• 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM

You Might Also Consider

Sponsored
    Ben & Jerry’s
    3.5 (31 reviews)

7.3 miles away from Urth Caffé- Downtown LA

Mary D. said"Holy cow! What's with all the bad reviews? I thought this place was pretty darn good in regards to the many different Ben & Jerry's stores I have been to. This one is right next to the hall of fame too in such a popular tourist part…"read more

in Bakeries, Caterers, Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt

Mendocino Farms
    4.0 (616 reviews)

1.1 miles away from Urth Caffé- Downtown LA

Diana T. said"It's such a shame that I didn't write my review sooner because I forgot what I had but whatever sandwich it was it left such an amazing impression that I had to write this review anyway. Lunch Hour is their $$$ making time so try to…"read more

in Sandwiches, Salad

Amenities and More

About the Business

Welcome to Urth Caffé! Urth Caffé is a European-style coffeehouse café – casual, comfortable, most of all welcoming. Guests can come and go as they please to meet with friends and family for leisurely visits. Students study without being bothered in our relaxed surroundings while using our free wi-fi. Order at our cashier counter, receive a number to place on any available table where servers will deliver your orders – there is no need to tip. Urth Caffé roasts our own exclusively heirloom, organic coffee and sources and blends its unique, fine teas. Urth Cuisine is made with sustainable and local ingredients – organic whenever possible. Urth offers inspired menu items for the whole spectrum of healthy living – from strictly vegan, gluten-free to pure decadence. Urth’s exquisite pastries, desserts and breads are baked daily using the finest ingredients – imported French butter, organic flour, ancient grains, and local family-farm eggs. We care very much about your experience at Urth Caffé and your complete satisfaction is our priority and goal. Our manager will do everything necessary to correct and exceed your expectations during your visit because we guarantee your order must be 100% right and excellent. Urth Caffé is an oasis in the community offering unique ambiance, beautiful architecture, great music and Urth's signature helpful and gracious service. …

Ask the Community

• Q:

Do they usually still have cakes at 7-10pm or do they run out by night?

A:

Dear Jessica, Thank you for reaching out to Urth Caffé. It is usually best to call ahead and reserve a cake if you would like it at a specific time. Thank you, The Urth Caffé Team

Lisa M., Business Customer Service 
      3 months ago
    • Q:

Are there power outlets at this location?

A:

No.

Cathie P., Business Customer Service 
      1 year ago

Recommended Reviews

Photo of Username
    Username
    Choose a star rating on a scale of 1 to 5
    • 1 star rating
      Not good
    • 2 star rating
      Could’ve been better
    • 3 star rating
      OK
    • 4 star rating
      Good
    • 5 star rating
      Great
    Start your review of Urth Caffé- Downtown LA

Overall rating

5929 reviews

5 stars

4 stars

3 stars

2 stars

1 star

• Photo of Mira P.
      Mira P.
      Las Vegas, NV
      Apr 1, 2024

The vibes are IMPECCABLE! Outdoor seating with outdoor heaters, umbrellas, and a great vibe with all the trees around. Great hangout spot especially if the weather is nice.

Prices are pretty solid for the value and atmosphere. The food tastes amazing and the drinks are so good.
      I got the butternut squash and ricotta pizza and it tasted amazing. The pizza dough is really good and baked perfectly. I do wish it came with a spicier option than the chili oil they provide with each pizza. I got a hot Spanish latte with the strong espresso and it tasted amazing as well. It has a bold and creamy flavor with great balance. The pastries looked good I definitely wanna come back and try some.

The service here is good when you're in line and waiting to order because they're super quick and thorough when helping you order. The service while seated is a whole different story unfortunately. The food and drinks came at completely different times with the pizza served first and we had to ask the server a couple times to follow up on our orders. It's not so bad that we waited an unreasonable amount of time, but it seemed pretty unorganized still. One of the servers also closed the umbrella that was providing shade which had us right in the sun so idk what that was about.

Nonetheless I'd come back for the vibes and the food but don't expect good service haha.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of C X.
      C X.
      Anaheim, CA
      Apr 20, 2024
      Updated review

Strictly for lunch takeout:
      -Very inconsistent with quality and items
      -Salads and drink orders are usually wrong
      -The salads are either the wrong size or lacking most ingredients
      -For some reason ordering a hot green tea is impossible for them to make
      -Safest bet would be to get a sandwich and a more complimented drink (do not order half sizes, request substitutions, or order anything simple)
      -An on-going issue since 8/23
      -Terrible customer service: they don't care and won't fix their errors
      -Online ordering is not user-friendly (the office gets a code, can set a budget, add specifications, but none of that works out)
      -There are other lunch options that do better. Give them a go

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
      Mar 25, 2023Previous review
    • Photo of Steven H.
      Steven H.
      Newport Beach, CA
      Apr 20, 2024
      4 check-ins

Parking can be a pain.

Service was great.

Pastries/cakes are amazing.

Hot food items were lacking.

Ordered the natural beef hash. Way too salty. It was like a sodium bomb. Would not recommend or order again.

Lots of outside seating, if you enjoy al fresco dining, this place would be perfect.

Helpful 2
      Thanks 0
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Jessica W.
      Jessica W.
      Los Angeles, CA
      Apr 16, 2024

Came in the other night& i love the way the restaurant is set up. The indoor-outdoor open concept is so nice and the decor makes the place feel cozy. The cashier we got was so nice and she was just so helpful and answering all our questions and going the extra mile although they were closing in about an hour. The food was good we got a matcha tiramisu and kale soup& a chicken curry salad.

Im not rating higher than 3 stars because i did have to ask 3 different people for hot sauce and got up to ask at one point. But not a big deal, i will still come back

Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Nathalie B.
      Nathalie B.
      Los Angeles, CA
      May 8, 2024
      1 check-in

Urth Café in DTLA is a charming urban escape. With delicious food, cozy ambiance, and friendly staff, it's the perfect spot for a quick meal or leisurely break.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Kayla W.
      Kayla W.
      Los Angeles, CA
      Mar 13, 2024

Usually I get the hot green rose tea but this time I decided to try the boba version - not good at all. Boba is complete mush and it's so soft (in a bad way) where it streaks up your straw. Happened to my two other friend's boba. You can't even taste the rose, but in the hot drink you can.

My friend got the early grey boba and that was pretty decent. It's definitely on the sweeter side though.

Service was alright... we ordered three drinks for here and they gave us two drinks to go and one drink for here...

Organic Green Rose Boba
      Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Amanda C.
      Amanda C.
      Riverside, CA
      Jan 28, 2024

Very cool cafe!

The Spanish latte is very tasty with subtle flavor. You can order it hot or iced. It has a caramel flavor.

The chocolate pistachio croissant is amazing. It's soft and fluffy. They stuff the croissant with pistachio paste.

The cheesecake was very tasty. However, the blueberries were too tart. It was loaded with blueberries.

The fruit tart was very good. Kids loved it.

The green tea boba is very tasty. It wasn't too sweet.

The bread pudding is a solid 8/10. It would have been 10/10 if there was an option of not having raisins.

None of the drinks are overly sweet. Definitely ask about the sweetness level when you order drinks.

I'd definitely return. I want to check out the Pasadena and Vegas locations.

Iced Spanish Latté
      Hot Spanish Latté and chocolate pistachio croissant
      Helpful 2
      Thanks 0
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Dan R.
      Dan R.
      Artesia, CA
      Feb 3, 2024

After a two-decade hiatus, I recently visited Urth in LA's Art District. Opted for the Kings French toast--loaded with fresh berries and delightful toppings, though the toast itself was somewhat dry.

My envy peaked witnessing my friends relishing the avocado pizza; it looked irresistible. The green tea latte, however, stole the show with its exquisite taste.

Impressed by the efficient service, where orders were promptly delivered and meticulously checked. Yet, the bus boys' dish-handling, though efficient, could benefit from a gentler touch.

Despite the minor noise hiccup, I had an overall great experience. I'd gladly return in a heartbeat.

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Daniel T.
      Daniel T.
      University Park, Los Angeles, CA
      May 3, 2024

Great vibe indoor and outdoor with plenty of seating. Drinks are great with non dairy options as well. Recommend the honey vanilla latte

Helpful 0
      Thanks 0
      Love this 0
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Angela C.
      Angela C.
      Simi Valley, CA
      Jan 2, 2024

My sister and I visited Urth in DTLA for an early brunch and work session. I've been to Urth in Pasadena and Orange, so I was curious as to how this location would compare.

Parking, as most places in LA, was not ideal. There are options for street parking, but I ended up paying $15 for the convenience of parking in a nearby lot.

Service was incredibly quick. My sister and I had not even finished setting up our computers before the food arrived, and the drink came shortly after. I ordered the Avocado Toast with poached egg and a hot Honey Vanilla latte and my sister ordered the Urth Quesadilla and iced caramel latte.

My Avocado toast was good, but the poached egg was undercooked and needed more salt. I enjoyed my hot Honey Vanilla latte (bonus points for the cute latte art), and my only critique is that it is a bit on the sweeter side.

My sister also liked her Quesadilla and it immediately satisfied her craving. She did mention that the caramel latte fell short of her standards, and probably would have tasted better as a hot drink than an iced drink.

Urth does have free Wifi, but it may not be the best place to work for those that require quieter cafes.

Overall, good experience! It's a solid place to eat and hang out in the Arts District area of Los Angeles.

Helpful 1
      Thanks 0
      Love this 1
      Oh no 0

644 other reviews that are not currently recommended

You Might Also Consider

Sponsored
    Nespresso Boutique - Glendale
    3.5 (254 reviews)

Roxana Q. said"Not sure why this boutique has such negative reviews. I have nothing but good experiences here. The sales guy even remembered me from the first time I came in and it sure as hell beats going to the Grove to buy capsules! I'm a…"read more

in Coffee & Tea, Coffee Roasteries, Cafes

Everytable
    4.5 (343 reviews)

2.8 miles away from Urth Caffé- Downtown LA

Jon And Brittany R. said"I read the reviews and I had to check this place out. Hearing how cheap the food was I actually wasnt expecting much flavor. My wife and I bought 5 different items. So far we have only tried the Yucatan chili and let me tell you I…"read more

in Sandwiches, Salad, Fast Food

Collections Including Urth Caffé- Downtown LA

People Also Viewed